sourse to target translation
Since 2006 Freelance translator, localiser and proofreader based in Spain
English-Spanish / French- Spanish Translator, Localiser and Proofreader
2008 – 2009 Soundub
Language Specialist and Documentary Recording Supervisor
Member of the team responsible for monitoring the dubbing of documentary films into Spanish at Soundub dubbing studio (www.soundub.com) in Madrid.
2005 – 2006 Stella-die KommunikationsFabrik translation agency,
Translation of technical documentation using Computer Assisted Translation tools and Translation Memories; terminology research and glossary production.
February - May 2003 Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance
Translation of training materials, internal communications and documentation on quality management system certificates and ISO standards.
MAIN END-CUSTOMERS AND PROJECTS AS A FREELANCER
- Software, videogame, user interface, online help and documentation localisation: Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Dell, HP, NetApp, EMC, Cisco, Epicor, ABBYY, Kaspersky, Alawar, Gaijin Entertainment, SmartGames, Hamstersoft, etc;
- Sports: (English-Spanish) Translation of football related contents for FIFA Spanish Web site (es.fifa.com); (English-Spanish) translation of regulations and football-related legal documents; (French-Spanish) translation of audiovisual materials for PSG TV;
- Legal: End-user license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, purchase contracts, birth and marriage certificates, meeting minutes, memorandums, regulations, etc;
- Audiovisual: Translation of audiovisual contents for several dubbing studios, with end-customers such as National Geographic Channel;
- Industrial: Spanish National Energy Commission, Schneider Electric, Mori Seiki, Domnick Hunter, Volvo, Amadeus, Mobil, Hitachi, Toshiba, etc;
- Other: Translation and proofreading of all the written material and documentation for the seminar Trazando mapas narrativos de conversaciones terapéuticas (practices of narrative therapy) by psychotherapist Michael White at the University of Deusto, Spain; member of the team responsible for interpreting the seminar into Spanish.